This week my family and I are on staycation, so posts might be sporadic. But I couldn’t resist sharing this birthday parfait for one of my best and most tea-lovingest friends. Unfortunately, the layers are not entirely visible, but trust me when I say you will not give a flying fig.
What you (can’t) see here are two layers of sliced-in-half golden vanilla cupcake from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, made even more delicious with alternating layers of coconut whipped cream and Snap-liquor-sauteed peaches and strawberries.
For the peaches and strawberries, follow along.
- About 1/2 lb. strawberries, trimmed and halved (or quartered)
- 2-3 peaches and/or nectarines, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance (butter alternative)
- 3 tablespoons Snap or rum (see link above)
- 2-3 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
Add the Earth Balance to a skillet heated over medium-low. Add the fruit and sauté for 2-3 minutes. When soft, but not mushy, add honey or agave nectar and Snap. Sauté for 2-3 minutes more. Serve immediately, and enjoy.